Medical Universities of Kazakhstan
Kazakh National Medical University
The university is situated in Almaty, Kazakhstan. The university is ranked no.1 in all of Kazakhstan. The university was established in 1931, and now many of Kazakhstan`s leading physicians are connected with the university. It is dedicated to S.D. Asfendiyarov who was the first rector when the university was established in 1931. In 2001, the government classified it as a “national” university. There are more than 11000 students, PhD students study at KazNMU, and there are more than 1500 faculty members working at KazNMU, including more than 200 doctors of science, 130 professors, more than 500 candidates of science and 15-laureates of State prizes. It is an innovation-oriented and socially-responsible University, a leader in Central Asia in preparation of competitive multi-level health professionals and pharmacies through the implementation of the competency-based model of medical and pharmaceutical education, with extensive involvement of local and foreign scientists and continuously enhancing the scientific potential.
About the course
The MBBS course in the university is of 5 years. After completion a student can apply for internship in Kazakhstan or India. For admission we will help you to go through every step, we take all your responsibilities related to your admission in university.
- An aspirant carrying a minimum of 50% marks in 12th Standard in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. If the candidate belongs to any reserved category, then a score of 40% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology is doable. This is according to MCI guidelines.
- There’s no entrance test required, admission is granted on first come-first served basis.
- The student should have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- General medicine faculty
- Therapeutic faculty
- Faculty of pediatrics
- Medico-prophylactic faculty
- Stomatology faculty
- Pharmacy faculty
- Faculty of management in Public Health and Pharmacy
Almost every government university in Kazakhstan is recognized and registered in many international councils like WHO, MCI, UNESCO, SCO etc. Degree from Kazakhstan medical universities are accepted worldwide.
Fee and cost of living
As the university is governmental the education fee is not very high. Living cost is also very low; lots of the fast food centers and lunch points are available in the countryside.